Saturday, July 16, 2011

What are we upto

Well, this is not one of the technical posts. The 3 of us are in the middle of our summer break, and frankly I (Phalgun) am making the best use of it. The other 2(Nitheesh and Phaneendra) have been doing it since the first summer break. Yes, I'm a little slow in catching up with stuff  and I like to talk a lot about myself.

Its been a productive break for the 3 of us. Let me start off with the best news, Phaneendra got into Google Summer of Code 2011!! After many days of deliberation,whether we (I applied too!) would actually stand a chance, it was indeed a great thing.He is working on a project called 'Fancy Bookmarking', its one of KDE's projects. He has been blogging about it here. And he is making a butt load of money.(Don't yell 'treat treat' now)

Next up, Nitheesh got into Intel as an intern. He was handpicked by the hot shots of Intel when they came to our college.He always wanted to get into Intel and finally has.He is working on Android and other embedded systems ("That's pretty much what I can legally tell you" was what he said when I pressed for details) And yes, he is making a butt load of money too, and said he is only interested in treating people who are going to install awesome window manager on their comps.That's when I stopped pestering him for one.

About me (finally!), I got into a startup called MobStac as an intern and am working on some hardcore web development. MobStac is pretty chilled out, and has a great bunch of guys working there.

Now, after we are done with our summer breaks and internships, what next was one of the highly discussed topics in our recent meetings. And (drumroll)finally we decided what we wanted to do today! I'm not supposed to tell you what it is. "That's pretty much what I can legally tell you"


If you haven't noticed, all the 3 of us have been blogging privately. Somehow, this blog is back alive, and I hope to write some more in the coming days. Until then, we are busy with our new found work, ciao.

PS : Started to monetize the blog finally.Drumroll again.

4 comments:

  1. Hey cool da... First of i would like to congratulate u for ur brilliant works...
    and also i wish to see more n more posts here.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can i join 6 bytes more to add 1 more byte?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello 'unknown', when we are open to 'expanding' we shall let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Durgaprasad, Thanks a lot :) If you have any more suggestions as to what kind of content you would like to see, please let us know.

    ReplyDelete